What is Involved in Smile Designing?
“I don’t like my smile!” This would have been an end-all story a few decades back, but not today!
Don’t like your smile? How about giving it a makeover?
Smile designing is now extremely popular. And it makes sense why!
From wooing the opposite sex to making the right first impression in interviews, a smile is one of the first things that sets the perception of your personality, making you more likable and approachable (or doing just the opposite).
So, more people now want to get smile designing, which is a process of enhancing your smile appearance through dental procedures. Depending on your existing smile and overall dental health, these procedures can vary.
But to give you a simple idea, here’s what smile designing involves:
- Teeth whitening– This is one of the most basic dental procedures, involved even in routine checkups. If your teeth are discolored, teeth whitening can help bring back their original appearance (in mild cases).
- Composite bonding– In case the teeth discoloration is severe, the dentist may opt for composite bonding, which includes putting a layer of composite resin on the teeth. This procedure is also employed to repair cracked or chipped teeth, as well as to fill the gaps between the teeth.
- Dental veneers– These are tooth-colored shells that are put on teeth to improve appearance. Dental veneers are recommended when existing damage to teeth is widely spread and cannot be fixed with bonding.
- Dental crowns– In case veneers aren’t the right fit and damage to teeth is extensive, dental crowns are a final resort to improve teeth’ appearance. These are basically caps for the damaged tooth.
- Implants– In case if you have a missing tooth, it can be fixed with implants or bridges. Further, if there’s tooth decay, the dentist will first recommend removing that tooth and then opting for implants.
- Periodontal procedures– Healthy and attractive gums are usually pink in color. If that’s not the case with yours, and there are some other problems as well like gum recession, the dentist may perform several periodontal procedures as needed.
- Bleaching– One of the most effective ways to get back white teeth and a redesigned smile, if you are suffering from discolored teeth, bleaching can have benefitting effects. Direct use of Hydrogen Peroxide or carbamide peroxide is used for teeth whitening. This involves multiple complex processes which the dentist will take care of.
These are some of the procedures that are involved in smile designing.
In the end, the smile designing process involves a host of procedures that are aimed at enhancing the appearance of the smile, which includes white teeth, perfectly shaped enamel, right-sized and aligned teeth, good gum appearance, fuller lips, and more.
If you visit a dentist for smile designing, as a first step, there will be thorough diagnoses of your dental health. The doctor will outline a plan on how to improve your smile; they would outline the procedures that would be involved in the process. In case, if there are existing problems like tooth decay or gum disease, those problems will be addressed and fixed first before moving forward.
If you want to know more about smile designing, connect with a top dentist in Kolkata. Google “best dental clinic near me“, do some research, visit the clinic, and take confident strides to get a smile that you have always wanted.